Re: [OM] miscellaneous thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] miscellaneous thoughts
From: Alexander <mediadyne@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 03:20:32 +0200
Matthias Wilke wrote:

> -your photo of the lake-mirrored moutain is very fine, Alexander, and the
> Fuji Velvia is a miraculous film, isn't it ?
>
> -with Contax lenses I have heard, that availability is often a more
> theoretical term, but I'm not sure what's about the availability of al the
> listed Zuikos.
>
> -something I've forgotten...
>
> Matthias

Hello Matthias!
Yes, Velvia is my primary film. I use Fuji almost exclusively, I find it brings
out the best in
nature colors.
As far as Contax lenses go, they are very available. Just do a search on ebay.
And unlike the rumour
has it, they arent as expensive as it first seems (much cheaper than Leica,
which I also use). There
are only a few odd extreme lenses in the Contax series that are special order
only and cost a
fortune. the great thing with Contax is, If you ever want AF, just buy the AX
and put your trusty
manual focus lenses and it will auto focus away while still easily manulay
overidden if
desired..marevelous technology, at a price of course.
I think it is also easy to find OM lenses, unfortunately for different reasons
though. it seems more
and more people are jumping ship and selling their lenses...at least localy.

--
Regards,
Alexander

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos