Re: [OM] OM-2 repair

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 repair
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:29:34 +0100
kvv wrote:

> I am new both to this group as well as to the glorious OM-family.
> Just now I acquired a used OM-2 (not OM-2N).

> It seems to work correctly in all modes except that it shows 4 stops
> too low, both in the manual and auto modes.

> I do not know where the light
> sensors are placed in this model to activate the readings.

On the pentaprism (for MANUAL mode) and in the mirror box (for AUTO
mode).

> What could be the possible reason for this?

Light meter off? Oil on the shutter magnet? Shutter needs readjustment?

> What is the best way to rectify this?

Olympus service?

> *** I would appreciate if someone can email me a "circuit diagram" of
> this
> ***  model.
> ***

There is an principle circuit diagram of the OM-2 on the IBM patent
server, somebody else posted the adress sometimes ago. I doubt this
diagramm will be helpfull for an repair.

Regards

Richard