[OM] OM-2 repair

Subject: [OM] OM-2 repair
From: "kvv" <jollyblr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:00:13 +0530
From:K.V.Venkata Ramu (Just RAMU will do)
email: venkataramu@xxxxxxxxxxx
Bangalore
India.
Sub: Repair of a used OM-2( repeat message)
I am new both to this group as well as to the glorious OM-family.
Just now I acquired a used OM-2 (not OM-2N).
Body serial Number:480331
Normal lens:50mm,1.4; G-Zuiko Auto-s #457287

* There is no manual along with it.
It seems to work correctly in all modes except that it shows 4 stops
too low, both in the manual and auto modes. This means that it exposes for
1 second instead of 1/4 second. Currently the only way I can work with this is
to set the film speed to 16 times the correct one.
 (I.e. 2 raised to the power 4 because of the 4-stop error)
To obtain correct exposure for 100 ASA film, I set the film speed on the camera
to 1600. This trick does not work with films of higher speeds.
>The battery voltage is 1.5V in each of the two AgO cells. When viewed
through the pentaprism some stains appear in the very bottom region.
Could this be the cause of this trouble? I do not know where the light
sensors are placed in this model to activate the readings.
What could be the possible reason for this?
What is the best way to rectify this?
Is there a adjustment pot Inside to adjust the 4-stop error?
***
*** I would appreciate if someone can email me a "circuit diagram" of this
***  model.
***
It is bit difficult for me to get the repair manual from USA. Further the cost
being around $45 precludes its acqusition by me. I paid around $50 for the used
OM-2 body here!
I am good at electronics and with proper guidelines from the
OM-community, I can get the work done through a local camera repair
technician, who are generally good at mechanical work but lack knowledge
of electronics.
Would be very glad and grateful for any useful replies.
Ramu.