Re: [OM] RE : (OM) MAX. PRINT SIZE

Subject: Re: [OM] RE : (OM) MAX. PRINT SIZE
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 23:02:14 EST

<<  So much of comparing the different range of Zuiko lenses and comments.
      I would like to hear your personal comments on the max. blown up taken
      using your Zuiko lenses.

It sort of depends on the scene for me. Complex forest scenes and landscapes
in diffuse lighting never seem sharp enough for me so I limit those to 8x10.
I think that I'm unconsciously comparing them to 4X5 shots. If the subject has
more contrast and is the type of object that we have little preconception
about, such as a macro shot or a wildlife shot showing whiskers, and fur, blow
ups to 16 X 20 are easy with the right slide.  My own requirements for 16X20
are 1)use a tripod-not an invariable rule but it helps the percentage, 2) Fuji
Velvia or Kodachrome 64 or 25, 3) use and aperture 2 or 3 stops down from
maximum, 4) bracket or wise use of a spot meter, 5) Ilfochrome or Fuji
supergloss.  Also as a guideline (not a rule-no flames please) I try to use
primes rather than zooms.

Warren Kato