Re: [OM] Olympus class action

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus class action
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:11:56 -0800
To be clear, I said "A business requires profit to survive."  I did **not**
say "businesses exist ONLY for the purpose of making money, and for NO OTHER
reason.", *you* did.  There is a substantial difference.  Don't see the
difference?  Go to your corner video store and rent a Betamax tape.  Sony
invented VHS, kept Beta for themselves, licensed VHS to Panasonic and
others, then got clobbered in the marketplace when consumers chose VHS.
Sony made great products, technically superior, at competitive prices.  But
Sony saw the profit potential evaporate as customers consistently bought VHS
machines and cassettes (analogous to camera and film).  They wisely got out
of that market and concentrated on VHS machines  - analogous to Olympus
getting out of 35mm and concentrating on P&S and digital).  Wanna take a
shot at getting that 10 year old Beta VCR fixed.  LoLoL!!!  Let's take Sony
to court over it.

I stand by my asertion that litigation is not the answer.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>