[OM] Olympus parts & service in Germany?

Subject: [OM] Olympus parts & service in Germany?
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 09:31:59 -0600
Hi, fellow Zuiks.  I mentioned earlier in the week that, while I was on a
business trip to Chicago this week, I was going to duck into Helix Photo
and see what they had.   I knew I would regret this, but I did it anyway.

This was a mistake.  Well, maybe.  Well, aw, shucks, I don't know!  You
decide.

Anyway, to make a long story short, they had one of those well-used OM-4Ts
(like the ones that Gary Reese likes to gobble up) for a RIGHTEOUS price.
Fully functional, sans MD cap (I've never seen a used one with the cap,
actually), and semi-ugly.  Came with a Databack 4, to boot.

I bought it.  Hook, line, and sinker.

After a few short hours of using it/playing with it (mostly the latter)
this week, I'm beginning to wonder already how I EVER got on without it.
Neat camera!  But, when I went to rewind the first-ever roll of film, I saw
that the rewind crank was busted.  DOH!

Now that I'm back here in Germany, I'm sorta stuck with it.  Not that this
is a huge problem, but I would like to be able to rewind film without
chewing up my fingers.  Soooo....can anyone help me with the task of
getting a screw-on MD cap and a replacement rewind knob (or at least the
crank part) for it?  Phone numbers, names, addresses, etc. would be
appreciated.

Siesta time.  Time to attack the jetlag.

regards,

Mahlon

PS: Helix also had a 21mm f2 Zuiko for a rather usurous price.  Took a peek
through it.  Now, that's wide!