Re: [OM] 2n flash

Subject: Re: [OM] 2n flash
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:00:26 -0500
Barry,
  This sounds like a minor case of IOM (inherent operator malfunction).
The camera will only synch up 1/60 sec. If, in auto, your exposure was
faster than that, the camera won't trigger the flash.  This is the
characteristic that gives us the problems we have with "Fill Flash".
  If on the other hand, you were in Auto and "actual" exposure was below
1/60 then you may have a malfunction of the camera.  Note that I said
"actual", as the indicated exposure (in viewfinder) may not be the same.
  All in all, a very interesting subject.
Rand  E.