[OM] 35F2.0 versus 35F2.8 versus 40F2.0???

Subject: [OM] 35F2.0 versus 35F2.8 versus 40F2.0???
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:30:26 EST
Hi Folks,

    Can anyone offer a subjective appraisal of these 3 lenses? Also, on the
famous 40--what's it like to use? Do 40mm users feel they no longer need 50mm
or 35mm focal lengths? Do they match it with an 85F2.0 and hobnob with Leica
or Contax rangefinder people? I know it's an elegant, brilliant collector's
piece--but does it compete toe to toe with the larger 35F2.0? Is the 40 a
better, more useful focal length than either the 50 or 35?

    Lastly, I know I have been asking primarily comparative questions--this
versus that. But I am in the midst of a system overhaul if you will. As a
result of the past few weeks of postings, I have decided to strengthen my OM
system with 1 or 2 fast wide angles. The only other open question I have
relates to the usability of the 35/80F2.8 zoom--but that can wait.

Thank you for your patience!

Alex