RE: [OM] an even deadlier battery problem

Subject: RE: [OM] an even deadlier battery problem
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:14:32 +0100
Hi,

>OM4T, even without depressing the shutter, the viewfinder remained lit.
This explains the dying >of the batteries in 24 hours (instead of their very
long one week life :-) ) .

I'm currently using the OM-40 which I like a lot, however the only
disadvantage I can think of (apart from not having a spot meter and some
other nice features, of course) is the battery drain, it's bad that no
matter whether you use the camera or not the batteries will die within 1/2 a
year. Now I find myself removing them when I don't use the camera, but this
has caused me to miss a few shots for which the camera needed to be "ready
to fire" (sunsets, birds, etc.).

Recently I started considering upgrading my camera to the OM-4T(i), however,
I read that that one suffers from the same problem. As I'm new to this list
I'm quite certain this question will already have been asked before, but
what is (more or less) the time the batteries last when the camera is not in
constant use? Is the drain worse than or comparable to the drain of the
OM-40?

Cheers!
Olaf