[OM] Interesting story

Subject: [OM] Interesting story
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:27:10 -0000
I have just had a telephone call from a young lady from London which you
may be interested in. She was ringing about some Olympus equipment I was
selling.

She told me that she is a photojournalist who has always used Nikon
equipment. She is now wanting to move to Olympus and had discussed this
with several other journalists. For her the main advantages were:

- much lighter and smaller bodies and lenses (she was having problems with
the size/weight of her Nikon equipment).
- quality of lenses.

The main disadvantage was that she had visited Olympus UK (headquarters in
London) and had been dismayed by what she had seen and heard. The other
journalists had mentioned problems with Olympus UK service (most people use
other service agents around the country, but not in London). She had asked
if there was a rush service for professionals - the reply was "why would we
do that?"!

She is really impressed by Olympus equipment but put off by the company
(UK) itself.

What a pity!

David