Re: [OM] Variations in lens samples

Subject: Re: [OM] Variations in lens samples
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:35:07 EST
Ulf writes:

I agree there are production sample variations.  Heck, we all heard the
testimonial about an element in a Zuiko being inserted backwards in
manufacturing.

> Gary, maybe your 2X converter is defect in any way?

Wouldn't that be terrible, after going though all the testing?  Turns out it
isn't mine, and I keep the owners confidential to protect their investments.
But given the results of using it with the 100-200mm S Zuiko, I'm inclined to
say it's working as designed.

Over time some of these tests will get duplicated with other lens production
samples (like I did with the 200mm f/4).  But for a while I'll take a break
and lend out the map.  However, still to come on a roll in the camera: the
35mm f/2.8 Shift at zero and maximum offset and the 55mm f/1.2.  And possibly
down the road some: 180mm f/2.8 w/ and w/o 1.4X Teleconverter and the 35-70mm
f/3.5~4.8 S Zuiko (the new one).

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV