Re: [OM] New boy on the block

Subject: Re: [OM] New boy on the block
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:53:37 +0200
Hi John,

>......I am also looking to get the 50mm / f3.5 macro and would appreciate
>any comments pro and con as to its performance. I have been told that there
>is an Olympus non-bellows 90mm / f2 macro. Is that true and how does it
>compare with the 50mm / f3.5 macro?

As I and James Olson have pointed out recently, the 50mm 1:3,5 is a
wonderful lens with very "plastic" results. Many list members would
mention, that the 90mm 1:2 macro or the 50mm 1:2 macro lenses are
superiour, but for me, the 1:3,5 is the favourite lens of all my Zuikos
(there are many).

Matthias