Re: [OM] dark current

Subject: Re: [OM] dark current
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:21:36 +0000
Richard Schaetzl wrote:
>The OM-4 manual states an lowest EV of 0 for spot metering (with mirror) and
>of EV -5 for OTF metering (exclusive mirror) at ASA100.
>
>Translated to AS1600 it is EV4 (spot) and EV-1 (OTF),
>for ASA3200, EV5 (spot) and EV0 (OTF).
>
>Equivalent of f/1.4 and 1/8s at ASA1600, f/1.4 and 1/15s at ASA3200 in
>spot mode and f/1.4 and 4s at ASA1600, f/1.4 and 2s at ASA3200 in OTF.

Right - this makes perfect sense; I'd forgotten about the mirror!  It also
ties up pretty well with my observations.  It is a pity though that Olympus
didn't think of putting an indication in the viewfinder when the light
level is below the meter's minimum capability.  Never mind, now we know.
Thanks for clarifying that, Richard.

Regards
Richard

Richard Ross, B.Sc, Ph.D, LRPS

RH Designs - innovative darkroom equipment
http://www.nildram.co.uk/rhdesign
tel:  +44 (0) 1442 258111
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx