Re: [OM] T-series power supplies, anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] T-series power supplies, anyone?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:21:21 GMT
On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:26:56 -0800, Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
>>AFAIK the electronics in the T-power supply are the same as in the
>>T-32 flash...
>
>I think we are mis-communicating here. I was talking about the high-voltage
>power supply that feeds any T-series flash (including the T-Power Control)
>instead of batteries.
>
>>Maybe it would be feasible (and cheap!) to convert a T-32
>>into a power supply.
>>It will probably ask not much more than cutting three wires to the
>>flash tube of the T-32, removing the tube, and connecting the cut
>>wires to the cable of the macro flash you want to use the power supply
>>with...
>
>Sounds like a good idea. I've thought of it myself, but as usual, the
>mechanics are the problem. It would have been nice if Oly had made one
>power head with a three-wire plug that accepted either a corded macro
>flash, or a normal flash head.

Sorry Jan.

Another list member (thanks, Rand) already pointed me to the fact that
you probably were referring to the AC-adapter.

I didn't think this thing (AC adapter 2) was either expensive or rare.
The T-power Control is expensive, so this caused my misunderstanding
you.

About the conversion: I did successfully use the electronics of a T-32
flash with a 'strange'(Gossen) flash tube, which is more or less TTL
compliant now. The mechanics weren't that important, because I built
the whole hollow-eyed (without tube) T-32 into a metal housing which
has three sockets for the flash tube wires... For indoor use, with
everything powered from wall outlets, this is good enough. But the
Gossen unit is far too heavy to take with you into the field anyway...

Frank.