[OM] MD Size and Weight?

Subject: [OM] MD Size and Weight?
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:18:49 -0800
>From: Mike Bloor <mikbloor@xxxxxx>
>
>Can a motor drive be used with the auto bellows without fouling the focus
>rail?

It doesn't seem to fit with the NiCd pack, but surely will with just the
MD1 or MD2 and the relay cord.

If you can tolerate having the rear mount stationary, you can use any motor
on it.

I seem to recall that the OM-2(n) would mount upside-down and clear the
rail, but maybe I was dreaming. The OM-3/4 prism gets in the way of using
this tactic.

>Is there any difference in size between MD1 and MD2...

Yes, the MD2 is bigger and heavier. I now regret selling my MD1.

>...or between Winder 1 and
>Winder 2 ?

These two seem to be identical size and weight.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229