Re: [OM] another mju II zoom 80 question

Subject: Re: [OM] another mju II zoom 80 question
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:00:13 -0500
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:45:32 +0200
Alexander <mediadyne@xxxxxx>wrote:

>Tomoko Yamamoto wrote:
>> Alexander wrote that what he saw was different from the one I posted
yesterday.

>> Is this the one, Alexander?
>> http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/mju2zm.html
>>
>> The one below is the one I posted yesterday.  According to the Japanese Web
>> site, the wide version was issued last year that commemorated the cumulative
>> number of the mju 2 zoom sold reached 10,000,000!
>
>> The specs indicate an improved version in many ways.
>
>Yes, this is the one! Can you read Japanese? does it have spot metering? is
this
>the improved version?
No, the mju  zoom 80 wide is an improved version over the mju II zoom 80.  The
80 wide model has spot metering while the mju II zoom 80 does not.

The model names are so confusing.

For the US models:  mju II zoom 80 = stylus epic zoom 80
                              mju zoom 80 wide= stylus zoom 80 QD DLX wide
If you want spot metering, the models are the Accura Zoom 105 (US model name)
and Super Zoom 105 R Q.D., Stylus Zoom 115, LT Zoom 105 QD, Stylus Zoom 140.

It seems that Olympus put spot metering on all the longer tele versions.    The
spot metering is on the zoom 80 wide, stylus epic (35mm fixed lens), and stylus
zoom 70 date also.

The European/Japanese (Asian?) model, mju zoom 70 deluxe does have spot metering
(exposure and focus) according to the Japanese web site.  Here is what the
camera looks like.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/mjuz70d.html

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx