Re: [OM] A little decorum please

Subject: Re: [OM] A little decorum please
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 20:58:01 GMT
On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:01:32 EST, Pauls0627@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In a message dated 1/12/99 12:48:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>ClassicVW@xxxxxxx writes:
>
><< Because he has patience, he's a good guy????? >>
>
>No, but just because he's not enthralled with his new OM-4 doesn't make him a
>bad guy, either. Frank posted a number of things he did not like about his
>OM-4. Many of us disagree with him. Fine. Let the man have his opinion. Even
>if he was just trolling to see what the response would be, who cares? Most of
>what he said was factually correct (i.e. which direction the knobs turn,
>etc...) he just doesn't like the OM-4 the way it is. I don't think anyone
>would say it is a perfect camera, he just found more things wrong with it, for
>him, than most of the rest of us do.
>
>Usually I stay away from the flame wars here, but this one just amazed me. Try
>to convince the man why you think he is wrong, if you wish (which is what I
>did earlier), but don't attack him.
>
>Paul Schings
>Coventry, RI

I do the same Paul, and normally keep out of flaming wars. But for
this time: this man FE is a quarrelsome wiseacre. And not that wise,
unfortunately: he had many things refutably wrong in his statements.
Anyway, the pedantic troublemaker is in my kill-filter now (just hope
that works!). As far as I am concerned: discussion closed - I am
afraid he is only pleased too well with the results of the war he
deliberately started.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht nl.