Re: [OM] rights versus reason [going well OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] rights versus reason [going well OT]
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 06:39:53 +0100
Unfortunately Denton, it sometimes appears to us over this side of the pond
that the protection has gone too far: who is now to protect the majority
from the tyranny of the vociferous minority?  Christmas is a good example:
I understand from some newspaper commentators that many (how many, I don't
know?) in public life are afraid to acknowledge Christmas for fear of
invading the freedom of speech of the secular sections of society in the US.

This is a perception over here that will not go away.

Chris