Re: [OM] The OM System Lens Handbook... Redux!

Subject: Re: [OM] The OM System Lens Handbook... Redux!
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 14:39:03 EST
Steven Read writes:

> Well, after querying (ok, begging) several list members for details, the
> upshot
>  is that while there are several different "editions" specifically
>  (1)"C240E-1984", (2)"C240E-1985 Printed in Japan" and (3)"C240E-Oct. 1985

Congratulations Steven, you have earned additional stripes in the Zuikoholics
Hall of Fame.  And people thought only Leicaphiles were so attentive to
detail.

I apologize for not contributing, but I was on the road.  It now appears there
were three variations of the first edition and only one of the latter edition.
I say that because I have a:
C240E-1984 Printed in Japan
which lacks the 50/2, 180/2, and 35-70/3.4~4.5

Good work on showing that a 1985 date doesn't signify completeness in and of
itself.  At the risk of being shot, might I ask the List members if they have
ever seen one of these which wasn't in English?

<< If Gary's right about the premium for the later edition, I guess I did
alright by buying a copy of "C240E-Oct. 1985 Printed in Japan" ($24.95) on my
first ever trip to Hunt's camera (north of Boston) last year. >>

That was quite the steal, Steven.  The premium has been erroneously placed on
any copy that says 1985.  Now we'll know the score.

Anyone care to make available scans of the three changed pages?  That way us
less fortunate owners can bask in pseudo-completeness.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV