Re: [OM] End of the OM-2 line

Subject: Re: [OM] End of the OM-2 line
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:46:22 EST
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< This business about the 2SP being based on the 4 puzzles me - I have both
 and they look completely different to me.  The top plate controls are in
 different places, the prism housings are a different shape, the viewfinder
 illumination window's in a different place, among other things.  The
 shutters sound quite different too.  Just what *do* they have in common? >>

I think the commonalities are deeper inside. Particularly in the metering.
Both have similar, if not identical, silicon cells in the bottom of the mirror
chamber, using similar (identical?) sub-mirrors for metering. In an attempt to
make the OM-2S like the OM-2(n) as much as possible, the ISO/compensation dial
was left intact, and the LCD display in the finder was moved to the left side,
which necessitated the movement of the illumination window. Personally, I
prefer the LCD on the bottom, mostly because I tend to block the illumination
window on the OM-2S with my fat fingers, especially with the winder mounted. I
have to agree about the shutter sound, though. I would assume different air
dampeners?

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI