Re: [OM] OM-10 Mirror slap

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 Mirror slap
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Jan 99 11:29:43 +1100
The OM 10 does have a significant mirror slap.   It lacks the air dampers of
the more expensive 1's and 2's.   The amount the mirror slap affects your
photos will depend on how hard you look for it.   You can reduce the slap a
little by using the self timer,  this does a partial mirror prefire.  From
memory the OMPC/40 has a dual mirror setup similar to an OM2sp,  this
probably results in a slower mirror movement and hence less noise....  (
Never owned an OM 40 so just speculating )

p.s  If you  want to feel mirror slap then try an OM 2000,   it is much more
sever than the 10's...

The OM10 is a great camera, but does have a few limitations such as the
mirror slap.

Stuart Goggin