Re: [OM] New 35-70

Subject: Re: [OM] New 35-70
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 23:55:41 +0100
John Gettis wrote:

> Also I am beginning to think of purchasing a longer lens then the 300
> 4.5 that I have and would like suggestions that have reasonable cost.
> Wife has said that the 350 2.8 is out of the question and even went so
> far as to suggest that thinking of it would be hazardous to my
> health.

My very first question to this group was about telephoto lens - what to get.
At that moment I only had the 200/4 as my longest telephoto. I got the
suggestion that a the 300/4.5 and a 1.4x TC would be great. This will make
it 420/6.3 - in other words about the same as the 400/6.3. The good thing is
that it will be cheaper, lighter and actually a bit longer focal length.
I now have the 300/4.5, the 1.4x TC will I get in time.

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen