Re: [OM] Leica, Contax, etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Leica, Contax, etc
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:58:26 -0800
Ulf Westerberg wrote:

>I don't have any personal experiences from either Leica or Zeiss/Contax and
>I certainly don't wanna start a war here, but when scanning through all
>tests made here in Sweden by magazine FOTO the Leica's almost always have
>come on top, something that rarely can be said for the Zeiss's.

Hmm, a Swedish photo 'zine testing CZ's, lenses which are used exclusively
on Hasselblad -- another Swede...  IMHO, may this be a case of "familiarity
breeds contempt", or "a family feud" (i.e. not enough Hassy ads in FOTO) ?

Or, maybe this is the first sign of the impending divorce between Hassy
and Carl Zeiss?  After all, Kyocera recently introduced a MF Contax (645)
-- with CZ lenses(!), whereas Hasselblad is about to release a 35mm true
panoramic camera -- with body and lenses made by Fuji.

IOW, I hate to be suspicious of the photographic press (yeah, right :-)),
but I do smell a rat...

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA