[OM] Flatbed Scanner & Slides

Subject: [OM] Flatbed Scanner & Slides
From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 12:29:05 -0500
I noticed Agfa is advertising a flatbed scanner with a separate "glass
drawer" for transparencies (ca. $700).  Has anyone used such a scaner for
slides.?  I am interested because besides my Olympus slides I also have 6x6
slides from my Rollei which I would occasionally like to scan and
incorporate in a newsletter or publication.  How is the quality compared to
the dedicated slide scanners (Olympus ES10, Minolta, Nikon etc.)?
What else do I need to get from the transparency to my MS Word 5.1 text (on
older Macintosh LC 575)?  Adobe Photoshop?  Does anyone have an older
version of Adobe Photoshop for the Mac which they want to sell (new
vewrsion to big for my Mac)?  Thanks for your ideas,
Jan