RE: [OM] OM-2S/P - the forgotten OM camera? (was: Four new pictures)

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-2S/P - the forgotten OM camera? (was: Four new pictures)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 11:26:18 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: George M. Anderson <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 5 januari 1999 02:37
Ämne: Re: [OM] OM-2S/P - the forgotten OM camera? (was: Four new
pictures)

>I thought that the battery drain fix and the flash ready light fix
were part
>of the same procedure. I didn't know they were separate items.
Sounds like
>they ar, though, if you had a circuit board replace done and still
the old
>style flash ready.  Thats's interesting to me because the spare body
I have
>DOES have the flash ready mod.  Perhaps I can salvage that mod in to
my
>working body if I dare ....

Yes, I still have the old green flash ready light in spite of the
circuit board replacement. This was done I think around 1990, and
perhaps the red flash ready light fix wasn´t available then? This fix
cures the battery drain caused by the mounted T-flash left in "on"
position (flash will be powered by it´s own batteries), but AFAIK it
will not cure the drain completely. If you have the red flash ready
mod on your spare body it sounds indeed like a good idea to put it in
your working body.

Per Nordenberg