[OM] OM Millenium Plans

Subject: [OM] OM Millenium Plans
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 03:15:12 EST
My New Year's resolution this year was to plan something involving OM cameras
and doing something special for the turn of the century.

1. The first idea was to shoot the rising sun from the top of Mount Fuji.  I
guess I would take my OM3 and OM1, 21/3.5, 28/2.8 and 50/1.8 lens, and neutral
density gradient filters.  The chance of clear weather will probably be 1%
though.

2. Another idea would be to take the first sunrise of the millenium.  The
international date line runs just west of Hawaii but jogs to the east near
Tonga, which would appear to be the first spot in the world to see a sunrise
on 1/1/2000.  This time I would take my wife, flowered shirts, an OM4T,
21/3.5, 28/2.8 35-70/3.6 zoom, and 100/2 lens and neutral density gradient
filters.

3.  Antartica is out because the 180th longitude is in the middle of the Ross
Ice Shelf.

4. In California I could hike Mt. San Jacinto (10,800 feet), which provides a
good view to the east and across Joshua Tree National Monument. I would take
hiking buddies, warm clothes, OM3, OM1, and 21/3.5, 28/2.8 and 50/1.8 lens,
and neutral density gradient filters.  I hiked this mountain on a summer's
full moon one night starting at 6 PM and arrived at the top around 2 am.

5. Fly to Times Square and take pictures of drunk and delirious people.  A
Stylus zoom 80 and an 18mm or 16m fisheye with high speed film might work well
here.

Any other ideas?

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx