Re: [OM] lens correction for various formats; OM-5

Subject: Re: [OM] lens correction for various formats; OM-5
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 15:02:21 EST
George writes:

> Would I really want to
>  carry a camera of that cost into the field? . . .
>  Only my wife knows for sure! :>)

Good point, but probably not the same way I'm looking at it.  FWIW, Susie
picked up a OM-4Ti that came in the other day and said "I couldn't use a
camera this expensive!"  She also lamented how two near mint Canon's she
started with early last year are now 9- examples with baseplate brassing (or
how those polycarbonate bodies with thin metal coatings brass!).  I'd say she
is in the mainstream of consumer thinking.  Once cameras pass a certain
threshold in price, they are too valuable to use for the average consumer.
AND mint example classic cameras are almost too valuable to use, too. Their
value plummets fast.

What that price threshold is, is in the eyes of the consumer.  Seems to be
about $500 to 600 for the average list member here, if we are averagable.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV