[OM] Stylus Epic first impressions

Subject: [OM] Stylus Epic first impressions
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:20:26 -0800
I now have two rolls of ISO 400 prints back, taken with the new Epic. Overall,
I'm quite happy with the quality, although a few things stood out so far:

Redeye is quite bad, even with redeye reduction on. Time to buy some of
those pens I guess...

A couple of non-flash window-light close-up, spot metered portraits turned
out nicely, although it would be nice to know what program curve for
aperture/shutter speed the camera uses...

An outdoor close-up in snow, spot metered, turned out very well, with
excellent apparent sharpness in a 4x6 print.

And my new Zuiko 21mm was mounted and ready within seconds of
unwrapping - just in time to get some indoor Christmas morning shots. I
found out two things: the QA310 does not cover wider than 24mm (I knew
that...), and if you don't like someone, place them near the edge of the frame
with this lens and watch the distortion transform their heads... :-)

Happy New Year to all!

ps: No baby yet...

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx