Re: [OM] When Zuiks attack...

Subject: Re: [OM] When Zuiks attack...
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:22:28 -0800
George (I wish Larry Flynt had the dirt on Gary S.) Anderson wrote:

>Gary;
>
>Fun post.  Thanks for the knowledge and humor you add to the list.  Uh-oh,
>did my Gary-ometer just rise?  Do I now approve of 740f your posts?

Thank you -- much obliged!  I'll take a 74% approval rating, and an exposee
of MY sexual escapades in Hustler magazine, any day :-)

>Well then let me add: any more Germany posts from you are strictly
>verboten!!

Ok, ok! I humbly acknowledge all my past, present, and future sins, and
I deplore any of my past, present, and future "politically incorrect"
statements.  For the record, I wish to submit an amended and rephrased
greeting regarding the upcoming holidays (borrowed from another mail-
list, and somewhat modified, though I wish I had written all of this
myself:-)).

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes
for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-
addictive, gender-, race-, and ethnicity-neutral celebration of the winter
solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the
religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice,
with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of
others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions
at all...

AND...  a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar
year 1999, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of
other cultures whose contributions to the OLY-list helped make America
great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other
country, or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without
regard to the race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, creed, color,
age, physical ability, religious faith, sexual orientation, political
philosophy, or choice of computer/photographic platform of the wishee."

Disclaimer:

"By accepting this greeting, you are accepting the following terms.
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal.  It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.  It implies
no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
her/himself or others.  It is void where prohibited by law, and is
revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.  This wish is warranted
to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings
for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday
greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement
of this wish, or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the
wisher."

Hmm, I wonder how many Zuiks I had managed to offend this time... :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx