Re: [OM] Is the OM system dead?/my personal feeling

Subject: Re: [OM] Is the OM system dead?/my personal feeling
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:37:35 -0800
<<Charlie (Mr. Nostalgia) Loeven mused:

>George,  I am afraid you are right!  For most people it is dead, and
>I predict that even the dwindling high priced new OM stuff will be all
>but gone soon.

My nostalgia is based on the fact that a new OM 4Ti is $1,000
and an OM 3Ti is $1,500. (and rising) Lenses and accessories are in the up
there
bracket also.
The market today is overwhelmingly for AF.
Olympus has not shown any serious R&D in the OM realm for some time.
 (note the OM2K)  :-(
They are so hot with P&S and digital that I doubt there will ever be a new
Pro Olympus 35mm AF system, to rival Canon and Nikon.  It would not be an OM
anyway.

I think that when a person buys their first new camera they tend to keep
brand loyalty.
(Baring a really bad experience).
With this in mind, I predict the demise of new OM as we know it.
The word dwindling may have been a poor choice at this time.

In re reading this post, I don't feel I made my point very well.
Which says to me that this is... IMHO.

Charlie

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx