Re: [OM] Digital camera lag

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital camera lag
From: GMA <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 08:58:41 -0800
So my question about the digital lag is: Do they all do it? Does anyone
know? Do we care?  I briefly held the 600L in my hand, pointed it at
something and pressed the shutter. The image locked on the LCD and a red
LED blinked for about 3-4 secinds as the image was downloaded.  That of
course is a different lag than what you guys saw.  This lag is for image
download to permamnent storage from the RAM buffer.

So, there are 2 lags: focus/shutter/shoot lag and download lag,
correct?  The 620L apparently eliminates the latter (salesman quoted 3
fps, Oly says 5 fps) because it has a much larger RAM buffer and can
download in the 'background'.

George