Re: [OM] digital/chemical?

Subject: Re: [OM] digital/chemical?
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 03:18:34 -0500
At 07:39 AM 12/24/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>>About 10 or 15 years ago, some company (I don't remember the name)
>>>introduced laser prints. It was of special advantage in printing
>>>slides, because the system permitted color correction and tonal-scale
>>>compression that would not be otherwise possible without going through
>>>an internegative.
>>
>>Wasn't it "LaserPrint," and located in Florida?
>>
>>les clark
>
>There is a relative new technic called Agfa Digiprint, which does similar
>things. The scanned slides are transferred to negative paper with colour
>correction and tonal-scale compression. The results, if not to great format
>is choosen, are very good, with greater formats, you can see the scanning
>lines.
>Matthias

Yeah, I have a laser print hanging on my wall from those times. Still looks
great. There's also a company called Evercolor (www.evercolor.com/) doing
something similar. At PhotoPlus they had an exhibit of extremely large
prints that were stunning...

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com