Re[2]: Re[2]: [OM] For those thinking "Digital Photography"

Subject: Re[2]: Re[2]: [OM] For those thinking "Digital Photography"
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:57:16 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:09:45 -0800, "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
jammed all night, and by sunrise was overheard remarking:

> On 11 Dec 98, at 0:27, Dave Haynie wrote:

> > Since then, that
> > scanner has run just dandy on my Symbios 53C825 SCSI card, then my
> > "IoMega Buz" card (different machines involved).

> Hmm.... I was thinking of the UMAX 1200S ever since HP discontinued the
> 5P scanner. But if they don't work with NT, forget it.

Actually, the scanner itself runs fine in NT with a good SCSI card and
ASPI driver. It's only the supplied $10 SCSI card that didn't work. If
you already have SCSI, this isn't an issue (there's probably no reason
to add the second card). If not, well, I wouldn't pick my scanner based
on the bundled SCSI anyway, but if you do, it's probably not going to
work under NT.

--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One