RE: [OM] Completely OT/Deutschland...

Subject: RE: [OM] Completely OT/Deutschland...
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:59:29 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: C. Hertzler <hertzler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 21 december 1998 16:47
Ämne: Re: [OM] Completely OT/Deutschland...

>Most Germans are not xenophobes, but many are not extremely
open to
>foreigners.
>
>Regards
>
>Christoph

I think maybe we have distinguish here a little between
Germans living in the former West Germany and Germans living
in the former East Germany (DDR). My personal experience
from a few visits to Germany is that people from the former
DDR are very open to foreigners. That is not to say that
West Germans are not, but nevertheless I think there is a
small difference here. I have a few very good friends in
Rostock who I met in the late 80´s through my work at the
zoo, and never did I realize that Germans (and especially
East Germans) could be so friendly towards foreigners.

Per Nordenberg