Re: [OM] Completely OT/Deutschland...

Subject: Re: [OM] Completely OT/Deutschland...
From: "C. Hertzler" <hertzler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:08:46 +0100
Am 20 Dec 98 um 12:28 Uhr schrieb olympus-digest:

Richard Schaetzl wrote, answering a mail from Gary Schloss:
> So better keep your prejudices for yourself.
>
> I didnªt called you an xenophobe, as you like to apply to whole nations.
> Regards
> Richard

Richard,

I don't know, what you read, but I am sure you misread Gary's
mail. I am German and I found Gary's remarks on Frankfurt and
Germany very good ( and entertaining - but that is what we all know
and expect from Gary...). Your defense of Germany is embarrassing.
I lived in California for one year and I had really a great time
there. It was very easy for me as a foreigner and I am almost sure,
that it would be more difficult, to experience the same in Germany.
Most Germans are not xenophobes, but many are not extremely open to
foreigners.

Regards

Christoph