Re: [OM] 28-205 Vivitar...Any good?

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-205 Vivitar...Any good?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 12:29:43 -0800
Richard Ross wrote:

>At 20:55 18/12/98 -0800, Gary wrote:
>
>>Are you sure the lens is not a 28-200mm F3.5-5.3?  If it is, then
>>it's a pretty good choice, and the price is better than reasonable.
>>As I recall, this lens is of a fairly recent vintage, hence it
>>should work fine with all OM bodies.
>
>I have one of these, more or less as new, and boxed.  I've never used it,
>and I don't think its previous owner used it much either.  Anyone any idea
>of its worth?

In the US, and in this condition, my guess would be: $125-150, mostly
because the "all-in-one" 28-200 range is very popular with amateurs and
casual shooters. But then, Vivitar is a well-established, semi-respectable
brand in the US (dunno if it's the same in the UK).

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx