Re: [OM] 28-205 Vivitar...Any good?

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-205 Vivitar...Any good?
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 10:30:30 EST
>I've been looking for a general purpose zoom lens, and came across
>a very clean Vivitar 28-205 3.5-5.2 macro OM mount in a local pawn
>shop.  They've got it priced at $80.  Would this be a good option,
>and would it work in all modes on my OM-2SP?

>Are you sure the lens is not a 28-200mm F3.5-5.3?  If it is, then
>it's a pretty good choice, and the price is better than reasonable.
>As I recall, this lens is of a fairly recent vintage, hence it
>should work fine with all OM bodies.

I have one of these Vivitar lenses and it is the 28-210mm/f3.5-5.6 with Macro
1:4x.

I have found it a litte hard to focus but the pictures seem to come out well.
It is plastic and takes a 72mm lens filter thread

I have a fair assortment of zuiko's and will be going to Florida in a couple
of days.  Do I take my zuiko 24/f2.8, 35-70/f3.6 and 100 and 200 or do I just
take this one lens?

I'm not sure.....

I also have a Vivitar 19mm.  Seems that the Viv 19mm and 28-210 with OM4 and
OM2 and T20 would be a nice compact one small bag set up.

But - For pictures while moving on the road, bring fast film! I think the f5.6
is a little slow

Hope this helps

Ken M