Re: [OM] problem with lenses......

Subject: Re: [OM] problem with lenses......
From: "Daan Kalmeijer" <daank@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:02:26 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: james olson <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, December 21, 1998 7:43 AM
Subject: [OM] problem with lenses......

>i have been having a recurring problem with my 24/2... for some reason,
>when i depress the shutter, the shutter stays locked

>1) has anyone had similar problems?  possible remedies?

Hi James,

I have a similar problem with both an old 55/1.2 and a 35/2. It seems to me
that this only happens with large-aperture lenses. When you try to take a
picture, the camera flips up the mirror but isn't able to close the
aperture. If I close the aperture by hand, the shutter does open. With both
lenses, when you close the aperture by hand you feel a slight resistance at
about the first half stop. After that, the aperture moves fine. My OM-4 and
OM4-Ti have this problem with both lenses but my OM-2 seems to have a more
powerfull mechanism for this, it works fine with both lenses.

Daan