[OM] problem with lenses......

Subject: [OM] problem with lenses......
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 21:35:03 PST
i have been having a recurring problem with my 24/2... for some reason,
when i depress the shutter, the shutter stays locked.  it seems as if
the aperature is too stiff, and the camera cannot advance it.  the
blades are not oily or anything such......  the lens has been used a
lot, and it seems to be wearing.  i have taken off the stainless steel
mount, and the friction seems to be in the mount area.  so two
questions:

1) has anyone had similar problems?  possible remedies?

2)  can you use another olympus mount on another lens?  for example,
could i get a mount off a 50/1.8 and transfer it to my 24?  the D.O.F.
scale would not be spot on, but the lens would work.....

james.