[OM] Thoughts on OMs and me in Germany

Subject: [OM] Thoughts on OMs and me in Germany
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 00:04:47 -0600
Well, I have quite a few things to cover here, it seems.

First, let me thank all of the list members who have contributed thoughts
on the subject of my upcoming assignment to Germany.  You are too numerous
to mention here, but you know who you are.  I really appreciate your
information, and I assure you that I will put it to good use!

I've been terribly busy in the past few days, what with the necessary
business and travel preparations and all.  On top of all of this, I found
out today that this assignment could be for as long as FIVE MONTHS!!  Yep,
we're talking May, here.  Once I found this out this morning, the first
thing I did afterwards (after picking myself up off of the floor) was to
apply for Internet banking at my bank so that I can financially function
overseas!

Given what little I know about this assignment, I probably will be working
like a dog during the week.  Same old story, too much work to do and not
enough people.  Definitely not a vacation.

Weekends, however, most likely will be another story altogether!!!

I had independently decided to focus (!) on 24mm - 100mm focal lengths for
this trip, based on my experience as well as the thoughts of others on the
list; I don't recall a single time that I used my 200mm in Australia, and
it just seemed to get in the way.  So, the 24mm f2, the 50mm f1.4, (maybe),
the 35-70mm f3.6, the 100mm f2.8, and finally the 135mm f2.8 (even more
maybe) are the lenses of choice here, together with the OM-2S and OM-2n.
Maybe a T-32, sync cord and a bracket.  I'm taking as much film as I can
drag along, too (saves time).  May take a monopod.  I'm sure that Wayne
Harridge remembers how much junk I brought with me to Australia back in
August, and I'm also sure that he remembers how little of the big/long
stuff I actually used.

Finally, before I turn in for the night,  I want to apologize for my
unfortunate choice of title in my original message.  It didn't properly
reflect my values as a person, it was meant in jest, and I'm sorry if I
offended anyone.

regards,

Mahlon