Re: [OM] a story about AF

Subject: Re: [OM] a story about AF
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:12:08 +0100
Matthias Wilke wrote of the Pentax MZ-5:

>Then the camera produced overexposed slides all the time.

My wife bought one of these in 1996, replacing her OM2Sp. I can confirm the
overexposuring, this one also does that. Every slide ISO 100 roll has to bet
set at ISO 160, which is VERY easy to forget. So much for automatic ISO
setting.

>There was among the 36 slides not a single sharp picture (not because of
the motion of the object, but the wrong >focus plane).

The autofocus is considered just as fast as the N*k*n F90x (tests), but my
experiences are the same as yours.

Still I think it's a great little camera, though not of the same quality as
OM's. Set it on spot, fully manual, turn the autofocus off and it mimics the
OM2Sp it replaced. If you're having an hang-over, just put in green auto. In
many ways I think this was the camera Olympus should have produced (obl
OM-content), and maybe taken to somewhat greater heights.

Ulf Westerberg