[OM] Strange 4T beeping

Subject: [OM] Strange 4T beeping
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:51:26 -0800
A strange thing happened last night to my 4T:

I had a 50/1.8 and T-20 mounted, with the flash turned on, camera in auto
mode. I left the camera lying on its back on a table and left the room. I
returned a few minutes later to find the 4T beeping randomly. When I picked
it up it continued until I pressed the shutter to turn on the display. There
was
a floor lamp nearby, but the lens was at f/8 with ISO 400, so I doubt that the
overexposure would have come on - besides, the noise continued even when
I picked up the camera.

I assumed low batteries, even though the battery check at the time seemed
normal, since they were about 6 months old. This morning I compared the
EPX76 cells to new 357 and Kodak KS76 cells - all were between 1.58 and
1.61 V. (all silver oxide)
I swapped the batteries with the 357s just in case, but am baffled by this. Is
it possible the T-20 could somehow be the cause?

The only other strangeness lately is a failure to fire my 310/bounce grip from
the PC socket - on 3-4 shots out of 36. I chalked this up to loose/dirty
connectors either at the cable or socket though, as it never happens from the
shoe using a PC cord adapter.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright