Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:29:37 -0800
<<Another person has pointed out the MF options (Pentax 645) vs the 35mm
wonderbricks.  The jury is still out on this one, but I have several
problems with that route:  Lack of lens choices (extreme wide-angle, shift,
zooms and super-teles) and aweful flash-sync speeds.  Otherwise, the Pentax
645-AF is extremely attractive.  I keep flip-flopping back and forth on an
hourly basis on going MF instead of a killer 35mm system.  Frankly, MF
would be cheaper. >>

Add to that, No long roll backs (that I know of)  And lack of emergency
processing
if your usual lab is unavailable.
I like MF, however, It can't do much more for me than 35mm in most
situations.
Unless you need 16x20's or larger on a regular basis 35mm is the all around
choice
for dependability and versatility.  ( two cents non refundable).

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx