[OM] Re: Negative Feedback on eBay (was "ebay tactics")

Subject: [OM] Re: Negative Feedback on eBay (was "ebay tactics")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 19:49:58 -0600
At 05:22 PM 12/9/1998 EST, Francois you wrote in part:
>If you remain silent on bad experiences I believe you are doing a
diservice to
>the community of users.  We would be better off pressuring eBay to have some
>kind of process to revise negative feedback...a neutral zone of exchange.
>
>Just my two cents...
>
>Francois Brunelle
>Ashburn VA

Hi Francois,

I agree with your first statement. As for the second, I don't know if
that's the answer, exactly.  I have learned to read and, in most cases,
discount cranky negative feedback.  A guy with a lot of sales is going to
have a few negatives.  It comes with the territory.  One needs to read them
judiciously and consider the source.

What I look for is any pattern among negatives.  That's where you smell the
rat.

E-commerce is not without risk. Neither is walking to the mailbox. Useful
as feedback is, one still has to factor in the exasperating vagaries of
human nature.

As for Gary R.'s negative from Pittsburgh Camera Exchange -- if he could
wear it, it would be a badge of honor.

Joel