Re: [OM] Re: ebay tactics

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ebay tactics
From: FBrunelle@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:22:58 EST
In a message dated 12/9/98 4:36:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
royrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> BTW, I agree about the negatives, I would never post one.  I just don't say
>  anything at all.  The whole concept doesn't work against the bad guys.
>  Fortunately, i've been very lucky, I guess.

I am sorry Rob but I disagree with your statement.  It is the only way we
have, us the users of eBay to detect a pattern of wrong doing from those
people.  If a jerk (excuse my language) posts a negative feedback in
retaliation...just add a neutral comment to yourself to explain.  I have used
eBay extensively in the past six month and I too was lucky, being jerked (here
I go again! :-)) around by only one guy who refused to execute the purchase
after numerous attempt on my part to contact him.  He got a negative feedback
because i certainly want to make sure that others will not fall into a trap.

If you remain silent on bad experiences I believe you are doing a diservice to
the community of users.  We would be better off pressuring eBay to have some
kind of process to revise negative feedback...a neutral zone of exchange.

Just my two cents...

Francois Brunelle
Ashburn VA