Re: [OM] Need Info on WWII camera (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Info on WWII camera (OT)
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 19:26:26 -0800
>Hi,
>I need to ask you "old pros" <hehe..hard to believe I'm up there too..> if you
>have any knowledge of an old camera my mother was given. She has a WWII camera
>that was issued to the OSS and it looks just like a pack of Chesterfield
>cigarettes. A paratrooper from teh war gave it to her.
>Do any of you have knowledge of he value of it, or where I could find out?? I
>haven't seen anything like it on Ebay, or anywhere else for that matter.
>TIA
>Susan Steele
>Amherst, Virginia

    Hello Susan,

      I don't know if these two items are related,but....
   I found this info in the McKeown '97-'98 book. I couldn't find the
   Chesterfield camera (do you have a brandname of camera mgr?), but DID
   find a Lucky Strike "spy" camera made for the US Army Signal Corp (1950).
   The last known HIGH sale was $30,000. I'd advise NOT selling until you
   know exactly what you have.

                                                   good luck,
                                                     Brad