Re: [OM] Schneider-Kreuznach PC-Super-Angulon

Subject: Re: [OM] Schneider-Kreuznach PC-Super-Angulon
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 23:19:09 -0500

Matthias Wilke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just want to ask the list members if it is common knowledge that there
> exist two "third party" lenses for the OM-System and others from
> Schneider-Kreuznach. They offer the PA-Curtagon 35mm 1:4 and the
> PC-Super-Angulon 28mm 1:2,8 (two shift lenses) for Olympus OM. These two
> lenses are known from the Leica program.

I, too, found the information interesting and looked around for additional info.
The following are what I got.

http://www.rollei.de/deu/produkte/objektiv/959.htm
http://www.rsol.de/photo.meeting/workshop/ws02i.htm

Perhaps the Leica Web page if it exists might have something similar to the
first one above for Rollei.  The second is just information in German on shift
lens principles.

I thought I should not spend any more time on this, but I kept perusing the ad
section in my copy of Asahi Camera (March, 1998).  There I found "PC
Super-Angulon 28mmF2.8".  They are new lenses for 35mm SLR.  The store Utsuki
Camera advertises many Schneider lenses.  The ad says that they have one
available for Nikon and Contax and those interested in other mounts should
contact the store.  There is a picture of lens with a price in Japanese yen:
288,000 yen list, and special discount price of 178,000 yen.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/