Re: [OM] Motor Drive Socket Cap

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive Socket Cap
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:39:25 -0600
Paul,

Why, specifically, does the cap need to be held on with tape?  Are the two
little bayonet tabs on the back of the cap gone completely, or are they
just spread a bit  away from the cap's flange?  If they're just loose, some
judicial tapping with a small punch (thin metal here; be VERY CAREFUL!!!)
should tighten them up.

On the other hand, if the tabs are just completely gone so that the cap
falls out of the hole of its own accord, you obviously need a new cap.
Can't help you there.

Regards,

Mahlon

BTW, has any one else besides me taken a close look one of these caps, and
marveled at the amount of machining required for just this one part?  It
looks like Olympus machined each one out of bar stock!  Talk about
overkill!