Re: [OM] Leica and Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Leica and Oly
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:53:37 EST
Hi Denton:

Thanks for posting this!  For those who haven't seen it or don't remember it,
I posted what would be a rebuttal, now archived at:
http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/1998/msg02665.html

I stand fast to saying the 50mm f/2.0 Macro Zuiko is superior to the
Summicron.  I might have a few updates to that analysis, based on locating the
50mm lens test shootout that I previously mentioned as not being able to
locate.

Interesting how the 50mm f/1.8 MC Zuiko redesign is a copy of the Summicron!
Also interesting how Mike Johnson's article doesn't even mention close
focusing capability or floating elements in the Zuiko.  Surely that makes for
a more versatile lens.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV