Re: [OM] Excess Olympus Stuff For Sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Excess Olympus Stuff For Sale
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:57:10 -0800
>From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>In your message dated: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 17:46:01 PST you write:
>>
>>Ha ha ha, there's a clown in every crowd! That was a typo -- it was
>>purchased new for $436, not $36.
>
>Oh, ok, sorry.  I jumped to a hasty conclusion.  I apologize.  However,
>I almost had a heart attack when I read that you paid $436.

Lest by silence I perpetuate a myth, I personally did not pay $436 for this
camera. I bought this as part of a large system from someone who was
switching to medium format. This camera included the original receipt to
the person I bought it from -- HE paid $436 for it in May. I included that
information so that if someone wanted one bad enough to start calling
dealers, he'd know what he was in for.

So what did I pay for it? In such a situation, it is difficult to
accurately allocate individual prices. I am keeping most of the system,
which makes it even more difficult to say what I paid for any one item.
Suffice to say that if I sell all this stuff for what I'm asking, I'll get
about a quarter of what I paid for the lot, so I'm not trying to pull any
fast ones on the list members.

Given recent ruckus on the list over different sales tactics, I tried to
explain how I came up with what I thought were reasonable prices. I guess
people -- myself included -- jump to conclusions no matter how much you
explain.

BTW: the OM-2n in question was one of the first items to go. Guess my price
WAS fair!

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229